- What kind of personal information we collect
- How we collect your personal information
- When we transfer your personal information abroad
- Your right to access and correct your personal information
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Content(s) means certain information including but not limited to text, sounds, music, software, photographs, videos, data, graphics, images, logos, button icons, audio clips, messages, links, listings or other materials placed on the Services.
PETROS refers to Petroleum Sarawak Berhad [Registration No.:201701025772), a Company incorporated in Malaysia under the Companies Act, 2016 having its registered address at Level 6, CT660, Block C, iCOM Square, Jalan Pending, 93450, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia and/or its Related Corporations, as may be applicable, and includes their successors, assigns, employees and agents.
Related Corporations means the related corporations as defined under the Companies Act, 2016.
You and Your refers to the person or entity accessing and using the Services.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We collect the following types of information about you and/or people who visit (user), access and/or use our website, Apps and/or our Social Media Pages. We ask for certain information such as your real name, company profile, area of business, address, phone number, e-mail address, information which is collected from user automatically such as your log-in information, browser type, operating system and URL information, and such other information depending on the purpose of your visit/use of the Service, or if you correspond with us. We may also retain any messages, forms or registrations you send through the Service and may collect information you provide in User Content when you post to the Service. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
While PETROS makes its best effort to ensure this website and the information in it available, accurate and secure, we do not guarantee:
- the security, availability, accessibility, timeliness and uninterrupted use of this website;
- the truth and accuracy of content or future changes to it;
- the actions of other users on this or other websites;
- the accuracy and reliability of results from using this website, and that we can or will correct any errors in the software any obligation, liability, right or claim, whether or not Petroleum Sarawak Berhad is found negligent;
- Petroleum Sarawak Berhad will not be liable for any damages you may suffer from using this website or from the modification, suspension or discontinuance of the service of this website
LOG FILE INFORMATION
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
This website contains hypertext links to websites created and maintained by other organisations. Petroleum Sarawak Berhad is not responsible for the contents of these websites. We will also not be liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer from using these websites or their contents.
COMMERCIAL AND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
We may use the information we collect, obtain or receive from you:
- In respect of personal details and contact information such as your email address, which you have provided to us to identify you and personalise any communications with you. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt out or change your preferences.
- We also use your information to send you operation-related emails (e.g., account verification, procurement and tax invoicing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- In respect of information which is collected from you automatically, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service, when you choose to do so, as well as being part of our efforts to keep our Service safe and secure;
- To target our advertising and marketing campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests, and to make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
- To assess your application prior to entering an employment contract with us and pursuant to laws to which we are subject. In other circumstances, such purposes that are necessary or directly related to your relationship with us or where it is required and/or permitted under the applicable laws.
- All emails and information collection will comply with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- We will not rent or sell your information into third parties outside Petroleum Sarawak Berhad and its related corporations (including any parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates) without your consent. We will limit access to personal data we collect from you to our employees and third party agents (where your consent has been obtained), who we reasonably believe need to have access to your information or services you request from us. Such third parties may include:
Petroleum Sarawak Berhad and its related corporations (including any parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates);
Our approved sub-contractors, business partners, suppliers, or other third-party organisations providing administrative, IT or other services to Petroleum Sarawak Berhad and its related corporations;
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our service;
Advertisers and any advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; or
Third parties in connection with the transfer of all or any part of our business and assets.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a part of providing you with our Products and/or Services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- law enforcement agencies;
- government agencies;
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers;
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with Products and/or Services that you have requested or subscribed for;
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal information;
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent;
ONLINE DEALINGS WITH PETROS GROUP COOKIES
We collect information about your use of our websites from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our websites as we will be unable to personalise aspects of your use of the website.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE MALAYSIA
It may be necessary for us to transfer your personal information outside Malaysia if any of our service providers or strategic partners (overseas entities) who are involved in providing part of a PETROS’ Products and/or Services are located in countries outside Malaysia or if you use the Products and/or Services from a country other than Malaysia. You consent to us transferring your personal information outside Malaysia in these instances. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any such overseas entities are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide the Products and/or Services they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal information.
We may transfer personal data to and store personal data in countries other than the country where it was collected or where you accessed our websites or applications. Those countries may have different data privacy and protection laws than the countries from which the personal data was collected or from which you accessed our websites or applications. To the extent required by applicable law, we will take measures to protect personal data so transferred or stored. By choosing to use our services, including our websites and applications, and submitting personal data to us, you consent to the transfer of such personal data outside of your country of residence.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
- it is needed for the purpose for which we obtained it originally; or
- we have another lawful basis for retaining it beyond the purpose for which it was originally obtained.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us. Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us by contacting us via the contact details provided below. You should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of in any such request. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information and try to do so promptly, and to the extent reasonably possible, after receiving your request. Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
We will not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine your request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
These terms and conditions are subject to Malaysian law. If any part of them are deemed illegal, for instance, as a result of changes in the law, then only that part (and any related part) will no longer be valid. The rest of terms and conditions will still be valid.